Mechatronics Smart Factory by Amatrol is an eight-station, fully-connected manufacturing systems that connects physical systems, operational information, and human assets to control a variety of actions, including manufacturing, maintenance, inventory, and supply chain operators.
This flexible system utilizes either a FANUC LR Mate robot or an Amatrol Pegasus robot, IGear Squeaks software for smart factory communication, Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs, and an additional cart that houses systems for Ethernet, wireless communication, and network security training. Each of the eight stations features a smart sensor or component, such as pneumatic/vacuum, ultrasonic, photoeye, stack light, electrical current, and analog pressure sensors.
The Mechatronics Smart Factory is Amatrol’s cornerstone learning system for Industry 4.0. It’s designed to teach the necessary skills from base hardware through controls, communication and enterprise systems. Key learning topics include:
- Mechatronic systems operation, programming and maintenance
- Smart sensors and smart devices
- Controls and automation systems
- Enterprise systems and data monitoring
- Network communications
- Network security
- Cloud-based data acquisition
- Industrial robot integration, programming and operation
Mechatronics Smart Factory Product Details
Every component on the system is industrial-grade from the same brands learners are going to see in the workforce. The basic structure of the system is the Amatrol 870 mechatronics training system, and it’s loaded with the following Industry 4.0 technologies that make it a true “smart factory”.
- Amatrol utilizes multiple Industry 4.0 smart devices on the Smart Factory that communicate via Ethernet and I/O Link protocol providing flexible manufacturing, predictive maintenance, and data analytics capabilities
- Multiple imbedded components teach communications between intelligent automation devices using PROFINET with Siemens PLCs and EtherNet/IP with Allen-Bradley PLCs in a Smart Factory environment with some of these sensors: vacuum sensor, ultrasonic, photoeye, analog position, analog pressure, and more.
Smart Product ID
- Amatrol’s Smart Factory incorporates Industry 4.0 smart product identification devices, such as vision systems and bar code readers, which trigger “intelligent” actions including parts tracking, production history, sorting, part accept/reject, & inventory control.
- ID devices include barcode readers and RFID that use EtherNet/IP or PROFINET, and machine vision systems
- Amatrol’s communication system connects students with a fully functional production system using industrial protocols for real-time control, program transfer, data collection, and changing programs on the fly.
- A smart factory communications mobile workstation provides integrated organization of smart factory communication modules, including wireless communication modules, managed and unmanaged network switch modules, network security modules, and master PC.
- Other network communications components include wireless communications learning system, Ethernet system, HMI terminal system, and a PLC learning system with either an Allen-Bradley CompactLogix L16 or a Siemens S7-1500.
- Amatrol’s network security system teaches how to keep data safe and securely extend operational data to suppliers and customers. Communications security protects the smart factory from unauthorized outside access & provides secure data communications between the plant-wide network and the internet.
Smart Maintenance and Production
- Smart Maintenance software utilizes smart device information to automatically trigger maintenance operations. Amatrol’s Smart Factory uses industry standard software to connect users directly to the automated system and each other to create a real-world environment where maintenance team members can collaborate to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Components include visual communications and manufacturing execution
eLearning: All Amatrol training systems have interactive, multimedia eLearning courses and modules tied to these learning concepts. This curriculum utilizes text with voiceovers, pictures, videos, stunning 3D animations, interactive quizzes and knowledge checks, pre- and post-quizzes and more. Through partnerships with key industry leaders and leading educators, Amatrol developed the right balance of knowledge to train learners to work in their chosen field.
Get a quote for the Mechatronics Smart Factory
Click “add to my products” below to add this product to your request for information. Feel free to keep searching our catalog and add more products to your inquiry list. When you’re done, click the “My Products” button at the top right of your screen to complete your request.